Friday, August 7, 2015

Framed Burlap BLESS OUR HOME Sign

This sign started off as a plain, chunky wood frame that I purchased at a thrift store.
I decided to paint it a creamy, off-white color and distress it 
to allow the natural wood to show through in places.  


I created a stencil with my Silhouette Cameo to use to make the design.


Using the stencil, I painted the design onto a piece of burlap
 with black acrylic craft paint.


Then I cut a piece of luann board to fit the frame.
( this board is similar to plywood but much thinner)


I glued my painted burlap sign onto the luann board with craft spray adhesive glue.
Then secured the sign into the frame with a bead of clear silicone around the edges 
and a few small nails.


Lastly, I added a saw tooth hanger to the back.
The sign is finished.


I like how the black laurel wreath design adds a classic look 
to the rustic feel of the burlap and the distressed wood frame.


There are so many projects you can make with frames,
I seldom pass up an old frame if it has a nice design and it is a good price.

You can check out a couple projects that I made with thifted frames here and here.

Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes of your day here!

P.S. - this sign is available in my shop here.


'til next time,
post signature
Linking to:

8 comments:

  1. I love this Adina! :-)

    Have a blessed weekend...
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri! Hope you weekend is great too!

      Delete
  2. In the world of www, there are countless blogs. But believe me, this blog has all the perfection that makes it unique in all. I will be back again and again. Horseshoe Bay custom home builder

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you're utilizing? I'm having some small security problems with my latest website and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any recommendations?
    coastal decor wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were manufactured on a grand scale so prices were relatively low so parents were happy, kids were happy and retailers were happy. A dream combination! bed with slide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, nice post! You really provide useful information! And I hope you will share these more wonderful information with us ,,,

    upvc windows

    <a href="https://searchplanet101.com/cheap-towing-services-houston>best-towing-services-houston tx</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read? online deals melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. DigisolHub UK
    Digisol Hub is a Digital Marketing & Tech. Company, that provides solutions regarding website development, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Google Ads, and Graphics designing, App development, Software development, Website Development. We just want to solve the problems of the people by using the right digital marketing strategy and give them Value so that they can build their business in the Online world

    ReplyDelete