Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Handmade Patriotic Red White and Blue Decor

I wanted to make a few patriotic projects to take to my booth, 
so I decided to revisit some of my previous projects 
and look at my July 4th Pinterest board for inspiration.
The first project was inspired by a sign I pinned a while back.
You can check out my Pinterest board here.



I started off with an unfinished wood sign piece that I picked up at a thrift store months ago.
I painted the entire sign board white first.
Once it was dry, I taped off sections to create stripes and painted them red.


Once the red paint was dry and the tape was removed,
 I used a sticky vinyl stencil to paint the OLD GLORY letters and the red stars.
I created the vinyl stencil with my Silhouette machine, 
but you can also paint your own design with a chalk tracing method that I used here.


Once all of the paint was dry, I lightly distressed the entire piece
and used a hand rubbed antiquing glaze to give the sign an aged look.


Lastly, I added a saw tooth hanger to the back and this sign was completed.


I also made a bead board flag to use as an example for a class I will be hosting next week.


The other projects I worked on for my booth are a few stars 
made from paint stir sticks and another framed bead board flag.

Here are the paint stir stick stars


These stars were inspired by another star wreath project I did a couple years ago.
You can see that project and how the stars are made here.


Here is the framed bead board flag.


Last year I made a couple of these bead board flags with barn wood frames.
You can see them here.
This year, I used a frame I already had in my stash 
and made a bead board flag to fit it.


Working on these projects and the hotter temps we've had the last few days
are definitely making it feel like summer!

I hope your summer is off to a great start.
Do you have any fun plans or traditions for the 4th?



'til next time,
post signature
Linking to:
Vintage Inspiration Party
Farmhouse Friday-10-Patriotic Decor

5 comments:

  1. love your projects i love red,white.and blue....4th of july is all about the fireworks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. If I lived near you, I'd take the class. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Last Christmas I hosted two wreath classes and they were fun. I'm hoping these will turn out well too :)

      Delete
  3. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.hospitality timber serving ware


    ReplyDelete